Friday, April 13, 2018

Weekly Christmas Card

Hello & welcome back.
Today I have my weekly Christmas card to share with you.

I looked at a bunch of changes & then came 
up with a game plan to incorporate what I found.

 I started with the need to make a Christmas card,
I found a new challenge site that is Christmas - 
Thier challenge was to use a picture for inspiration. ( I will load it below).
That is where I got the orange, green and sparkle.

Here is my little puppy.
Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog had the challenge to use cute Christmas critters,
so I added a string of lights to the puppy & a toque.

Daring Cardmakers challenge this week was to make a card 
with animal antics, hence the puppy getting away with
the Christmas lights.

Once I had the lights added, it allowed me 
to also enter into my usual challenge Little Red Wagon.
The weekly challenge is "Shine"  - light-bulbs, bright colours & sparkle -
anything that Shines.

I uses clear embossing powder & orange flocking to give
 the star of the show a little pizzazz.

I also used the footprint stamp in light grey, 
embossed in white snow with the rest of the card, 
and them added a shimmer glitter embossed shadow to the trail.

The houses needed to have some snow so I added Versamark ink
 with a Versamarker and snow embossing powder. 
I also added Christmas lights to the trees, 
they looked to busy on the houses.
I also added snow embossing powder with the 
Versamark to the hill tops as well.  
I didn't think my snow pen had enough in it 
to do the entire card unfortunately.

 The title I mounted on orange to tie the colours together around the card.
The sky is inked with a mask I made 
using my Lawn Fawn cloud borders and think card stock.
I also added glitter snowflakes in the sky to bring a touch of sparkle.

Here is my entire card again.

the stamp & die sets I used are Lawn Fawn 
Image result for lawn fawn happy village Image result for lawn fawn happy howlidays Image result for lawn fawn hill background

The Links for Challenges I am entering are above & 
listed again here so you can play along:







Thanks for stopping by, you can also check out 
 
so please stop by and enter to win a great monthly prize!

11 comments:

  1. What an adorable scene Lesli!! I totally love the colors you picked.. they're so fun and different than the norm for a holiday card... The added touch of snow is always fun ... but the cute foot prints for the dog is a Whoot! LOVE IT!!!

    I also wanted to let you know I received my card today and I LOVE it!! Thanks so much for the goodies you sent... I'll have to find some time to color them up and share.... Thanks again and Have a wonderful weekend!!:)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much detail!!
    I love everything about this card from the adorable, but naughty puppy to all of the details in and with the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable scene, super cute puppy and a very cute sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Christmas card. I love that the little dog is decorated in lights. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, beautifully designed. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute christmas card and great scene and with the sparkle perfectly for this week´s Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Thanks for joining us !!

    Imke ~MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  7. The inspiration colors were perfect for your little snow-covered town ... and what an adorable little Christmas doggie ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful, clever, unique and wonderful take on our JINGLE BELLES inspiration photo! i love how you've used the colors, and just ran with the whole thing. and of course that daschund (& sentiment) are perfection! wow! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a cute card! And you can definitely tell that it took you lots of time, effort and love to make this adorable card.
    Thanks for sharing it with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little snow-covered village and it certainly looks like the little pup is having a blast. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Lesli. Love the little dachshund.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.